In 1652, the construction of the south wing closed the courtyard of the Aître Saint-Maclou. It includes accommodation on several levels intended for priests and a gallery on the courtyard.
In the 17th century, schools of charity for the poor multiplied. A school for boys settled in the early 1661, joined by a school for girls. Faced with the growing number of children, a floor was added to the west, north and east galleries from 1745 to 1766. Religious schools left in the 1900s, replaced by a boarding school for young girls from 1911 to 1920.
The School of Fine Arts occupied the buildings from 1940 to 2014.